A day In the Life of An Ironic Guy

my thoughts feelings and everything in between that affects my life as an individual and as a member of the society chronicled for your reading pleasure

IQ Test Score

Sunday, February 29, 2004

Till we meet Again
By junn rey b. salipong

I lost my father when I was still young, it was not as painful for me compared with what my mother felt that time for I was still entering the “age of reason” during those days. Now another pillar of my identity has been taken away from me. I know this will somehow crippled me as I continue my quest for life. It added to the uncertainty that lies ahead in the travails of my life.

Today marks the 40th day of which my mother lost her breath. As they said, this is the day that a soul of the departed one will go to start their journey towards the life after life. I miss my mother very much and in this short piece I will tell the whole world about the heroism she had done while she was still alive.

I still remember how she lived her life for us her children. You could never name its stepping of a mother – father in a dance. She sleeps late at night working just to provide us with our needs. I saw her waking up early in the morning catching the break of dawn, caressing the kingly sun and preparing a new world for me, for us.

Those are just few of the things, the noble deeds she had done during her stay on earth. She has lived up to the word ‘mother’ in the truest sense of the word. She really deserves the title mother!!!

I am now on the verge of starting a career of my own, this is the fruit of her labors, yet she will never able to experience this reward. It hurts. It really does.. it hurts because she was all my inspiration to excel and now that I have taken the courage to fly, the wind beneath my wings is gone for good. Despite of that, I knew and I believe she would still be there for me as I carry my cross and take the roads to my dreams.

She is gone. She may not be the greatest creation God has ever created nor the most Holy Christian ever lived, but I am proud to tell you, she has been the greatest mother every child could wish for. And if I were given a chance to choose would my mother be, I still am choosing her.

I may never be the best child she deserved, but I am proud to say, I did try my best to be one. Though this may seem too late for, I would like to thank her for the love she nurtured me through the years, I would like to ask forgiveness for those that I have done wrong and I would like to say I'm sorry for failing to say I love you each and everyday.

I know there is life after another as there is a gift. There is the gift of everlasting happiness that we humans cannot experience here on earth, the gift that she truly deserves. My mother is like a candle that was not been lighted until its final drop. Maybe because God saw her living up to what He has planned her to be. God blown up her candle way before its final ends because God knows she deserves more than the earthly cares.

She is indeed a candle that never was. . .

Mama, I will surely miss you, you will always be in my heart…until we meet again!!!



@ll rights reserved
jc
Davao City


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home