A day In the Life of An Ironic Guy

my thoughts feelings and everything in between that affects my life as an individual and as a member of the society chronicled for your reading pleasure

IQ Test Score

Thursday, May 07, 2009



DISCO: the way it used to be

I went home to bohol last May 1 to 4 to celebrate the fiesta in honor of our patron Sr. Sta Cruz, thanks to my beloved tl who managed to make a way to make my SIL possible, and of course to the two agents who gave their SIL to me RJ and joy.

One of the highlights in a barrio fiesta is the disco! I remember the days when fiesta came, we werelooking forward when the sun sets in and the disco lights started to dance and the music dominates the airwaves, we were on our best get up possible and ready to conquer not the bar but the tennis court fenced with a bamboo all around. With the not so cold san mig beer and some peanuts , we enjoyed the groove, the people, and the night in general under the lonely moon above.

Of course on my last homecoming, disco was there, not once but twice! *wink* , on the first night, that was the night before the fiesta. Me and my cousin, haha she doesnt want her name to be put in her, we went there, and join some folks in a table occupied by the kin of my big brother's wife. Well, we were just there looking around, checking on every person that entered the place , criticize their outfits, their moves and everything we could talk of just to pass the night and we noticed how cheap , oh uh sorry for the word, to be on the center to dance with the crowd, so we decided to just be contented with drinking our beers and enjoying the music and the conversation we had with our cousins, good looking they claimed, haha , jojo and patrick. well, we never saw anybody to match our genes , lol. We went home at around 2 am when our bodies were cringing to go to bed, never did our body groove to the music nor our feet made a single dance step. but somehow it was worth the visit on the place we once enjoyed in our yesteryears.

then came the fiesta night. we went to our cousin's house and there we had a drinking session and off we went to another disco fever , this time around near the school where i spent my elementary years. This time around, we dance! yes I did dance haha. together with my cousin jojo, patrick, audrey, geraldine and my classmate charles. Well there was a hotchick but it seemed that she is exclusive to another hotchick which charles failed to have a dance with no matter the effort to convince her.

The overflowing beer is courtesy of my cousin patrick, well fyi, he is from norway and he joined the audition for pbb and was shortlisted as finalist in bohol, hopefully he will make it to big bro's house. Going back to the beer, well my full tummy didnt quite hold all the fluid intake and made me vomit wherever possible. hows that! lol.

anyway, i enjoyed the night. we all enjoyed the night. A reminscent of the years i spent in bohol, cheap it may sound, but who the hell cares... we enjoyed, and the bonding we had with my cousins is a rare instance since we are separated miles apart... but Marian Debra Jamorol didnt dance...ooops, i mentioned her name...sorry!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home